It is actually quite simple to enable black emojis on your iPhone! For a long time, Apple and Unicode (the organization that decides which emojis will be added) have ignored the black iPhone community. But now we have introduced an app called Afromoji that allows you to use more than 300 black emojis on your iPhone.
How do I add the Afromoji Black Emojis iPhone app?
- Go to the App Store app on your iPhone.
- Type Afromoji in the search bar.
- Tap on the Get button next to the Afromoji app (the first search result).
- The app will now download to your iPhone.
- Once the app has completed the download, a new app will display on your home screen.
- Tap the Afromoji app and browse through the welcome screen.
- You will now have access to more than 300 black emojis.
Now that you have the Afromoji app installed, you can share our creative, fun & thoughtful black emojis with your friends and family. You have access to stickers such as Black Lives Matter, Celebratory stickers, Christmas, Happy stickers & many more.
The Afromoji app is easy to use and sharing emoji stickers from within the app is totally free to do.
How do I send a Black Emoji stickers in the Afromoji app?
- When you’ve opened the Afromoji app you will see the home screen with all our top emojis.
- You can either tap on one of our top black emojis or tap on the search bar to find a specific emoji you are looking for.
- In the next screen, you will see a bigger version of the emoji and a share button.
- Tap the share button and select which app you would like to use to send this emoji (Whatsapp, Facebook, Kik, etc.).
- You will now go into your selected app, where you can select the contact you wish to send this emoji to.
- Tap the contact and your black emoji will be sent.
If you rather want to use the limited default Apple black emojis for iPhone function. You can do so as well by following a few simple steps on your phone. There are 5 alternative skin types available based on the Fitzpatrick scale for standard cultural and facial representation.
So instead of using the default face and hand skin color, you are able to customize the skin color based on your desire. That way you can rep your own skin color and make your emojis reflect your own personality more.
How to enable the new diverse skin color emojis on your iPhone
- Tap on the globe key on your iPhone keyboard to switch to the emoji view.
- Tap and make sure you hold your finger on either a face or hand emoji to pop up the custom skin color selector.
- Select the skin color variant you wish to use for all your emojis going forward.
Your iPhone will remember your selection and apply it every time you select a face or hand emoji going forward. This way you can have your own default black emojis on your iPhone. Use the Afromoji app for more black emoji stickers like Bitmoji.